Monday, January 23, 2012

Spring Chick Update #3

I almost missed the deadline this week because my Monday did not go as planned, but here we are.

Still working toward my small goal NSV of improving my mile time.  I know the day of my 5K will be here before I know it and I don't have a plan for run/walking in less than 40:00.  But I am working on that very thing this week.  It's nearing the top of my list.  My long-term goals of better cholesterol numbers continue to be on my mind.  The next visit with my PCP is in May, so I have a little time to increase the veggies and cut more fats.  This is a habit for me, and on my mind every minute of every day.  I do eat things I shouldn't, but in very limited quantities, and for example, potato chips, I take 8 out of the bag and count them as 100 calories.  That is my limit.  And certainly not every day - they're a treat.

Calories have been good this week.  My goal is 1200 per day, and my average daily was 1083.  There was one day that was 1500+, but a couple of others that made it work out just fine.   I have taken my vitamins 5 out of 7 days.  For some reason, my water hasn't been that great this past week.  I think it was probably because I have to make plans to pee and a couple of days it wasn't that convenient, so I didn't get all of my 64 oz.  But that is just a fact of life for most of us.  I only had one restaurant meal last week, so I am very proud of that.  I have convinced myself that restaurant food and processed foods are nasty, even poison, and if I don't prepare it, I don't eat much - or any - of it.  I hope I can continue to believe this forever.

Exercise has been good, not great.  Lots of rain this past week, but all in all, I did okay in the exercise area. 

I have been all over Blogville leaving support for you, but am getting locked out a lot.  I don't know what's going on with that, but I have seen others commenting on it.  I hope it's cleared up soon.  It's frustrating to want to praise someone or give them a hug and not be able to comment.  Anyway, just know I'm reading, I'm reading.

Oh, and the No Sweets week, well, I had a brownie and two Hershey's Kisses.  First chocolate I've had in over 2 weeks, so that's not so bad.

Onward, folks!  Let's do this!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the NSV of wanting a shorter running time. You are doing good on the exercise and nutrition so let's hope that those numbers go down.

Fatoutofskinny said...

Keep up the good work

Virtual Paul said...

I have been trying to do the 64 oz of water too. For me, it is not hard like exercising, but it is not a habit yet either. I have to keep making a conscience effort to get it in.

Julie said...

Good morning Jo. Here's a small idea that worked for me on my last walk/run 5K. I truly wanted to run the full race but not able so I ran until I couldn't, walked to the count of 10 and then ran again and did that the full race. I made the race in 32:18 minutes. It didn't matter if I had just walked and needed to do it again or I made it 8 blocks and then a short breather. Just a thought if you'd like to give it a whirl.
Good luck this week.
I am finding the days I drive bus it's very hard to get into my 100oz of water. You just can't pull the bus over and go pee with it full of students. Oh well learning, that what we are doing.
Take care and have a blessed day!!

Jordan said...

I walked a 5K last year in 50+ minutes - nowhere to go but up from there! Last year my work sponsored several 5Ks in the area, so I'll have some to choose from and I'm working on finishing it in <40 minutes, same as you. So far I can't even run 1 K! Best I've done so far is 3 minutes of jogging. But I'm working on it! Even though I don't see being able to do it, all the other bloggers that have done it can't be wrong! Some of them even like running afterwards!

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

You can easily factor in a bit of chocolate (dark, preferably, right, for the health benefits) daily or a few times a week. But the brownie--that's major bad for the cholesterol. Yeah...yeah...

As we get older, that cholesterol is a beeyotch...but we plug on. Let's keep the inflammation down, the movement up, and leave our bodies to heal bit by bit...and hope the docs stop wagging fingers. ; )

On we go...

Maren said...

I like Julie's idea of running as long as you can, and then walking to the count of 10. :)

Julie said...

I loved the ideas about the 5K. I am going to try that. It is just all about hard work Isn't it. Let's keep our focus and do something great for ourselves. Good work girl.