Hello Everyone!
How did you do this week? Was it difficult to get down to following your plan? It was for me, after the crazy eating of the holidays. I'm just glad all that feastiness is over for a long while.
Here's how I did:
Working toward my NSV of no b/p meds and lowering cholesterol, I was able to walk 5 days this week. If this weather continues, I will have to move to 100% treadmill for awhile. I have to pick the warmest time of day, or the time when the rain lets up. We have had lots of rain this week. I am not yet measuring my 1 mile time. I am just getting used to getting back to walking/running. At my age it will take a couple of weeks, at least.
I have tracked my calories every day. Here is how it went:
Sun 1020
Mon 1160
Tue 1295
Wed 1595
Thur 930
Fri 975
Sat 1480
Average: 1208 per day. Even if I miscalculated, or underestimated by 200 per day, that would only be 1400, and I can live with that. I am down 1 lb and 1/2 inch in the waist so far. Yay!
Hydration has been great except for one day. I try to start drinking my water early and get 8 to 12 oz every time I pass through the kitchen. I fill my jug twice per day and leave it on the counter.
After the Christmas sugar and bloat, I decided to try low carbing for a couple of weeks. It has been tough this week, but I did it. I had absolutely NO sweets all week. I had very little bread and potatoes, no chips, just a couple of bites of rice, and limited myself to 4 saltine crackers whenever I ate soup, which was several times. Then Myra reminded me of the Wasa crackers and I got some of those, which are lower in carbs than regular crackers. I use them to eat with my tuna salad, too.
My body feels better after just one week of lower carbs. Since I am hypoglycemic, I'm positive that the week without sugar has helped a lot. I am going to continue it for one more week and then probably get back to my normal way of moderation with emphasis on protein and lower carbs and less gluten. The low carb sort of goes hand in hand with less gluten.
Support and blogging: I have blogged several times this week, as well as commented on lots and lots of blogs. I am so happy to see some old friends come back at the start of a new year, as well as others being more focused on their weight and health. Some will drop out, but those who do hang in there will certainly be healther for doing it.
Thanks to those of you who commented on my post asking, "How do you track and why that method?" If you want to take a look and leave a comment as to how you track your calories and such, please do so. The post is here. For those who are new here, there are a lot of tracking websites mentioned. I learn from you every time I throw a question out there. So thanks for answering my call.
Okay, so that's my update. I hope everyone has a great week, and STAY FOCUSED!

10 comments:
Congratz on the loss for week 1. A great way to start the challenge, keep it up!
Great post hear about your success. Excellent calories and feeling better is even move important. Well done Jo!
It seems like you've gotten off to a good start! I haven't, but there's still time ;)
The husband and I have been gluten free for several months now and have seen some fantastic changes! I use livestrong.com for tracking.
We don't have to contend with winter weather here for walking/running but I am contending with my knee!
Glad you are feeling better with less carbs. I do as well! I need to get moving more though.
Have a great week Jo!
Great job keep it going.
Awesome week. What a great goal to get off your meds. You are going to do awesome this week!
WTG on the loss. also you are definitely to be commended for going carb free. Have great week....
It's always hard to get back on track after the holidays but it's doable, which a lot of us (including you) are proving so KUDOS to that & your loss! Sounds like some good plans for the oncoming week:-)
Nice, sounds like youre onto something there with the low carbs :0) Hope this week goes just as well for you!
Post a Comment