Sunday, March 11, 2012

E2E Update #10




Hello everyone!  Already it's Week 10 and I have done nothing.  Well, nothing except to maintain, which is my GOAL!  Again, I would like to thank Mir for hosting this challenge for us.  She is a great inspiration and a very smart lady when it comes to listening to her own body.

Here it is:

Weight:  139.  Same. 

Waist:  32.  Same.

Calories:  This is why I had hoped for a bit of a loss.  My target for daily average of calories is 1200.  This week my daily average was 1009.  I had a respiratory illness and wasn't very hungry.  I did not go to my dr for that steroid injection, so I can't blame the lack of loss on that.  The rest of the week I was very conscientious about what I ate, low sodium, good choices at two restaurant meals, no chips, more fruit, 70+ oz of water daily, no sweets, no surprises.  And NO LOSS.  I am very disappointed.  But I know it's only the scale and it will all balance out in the big picture.  Still...

Exercise:  I even did better with my exercising.  5 out of 7 days.  I made an extra effort to walk that extra loop around my neighborhood for 3 of those days.

Hydration:  Done plus more, every single day.

Reading:  I picked up Thin for Life, 10 Keys to Success from People Who Have Lost Weight and Kept It Off, by Anne M. Fletcher, M.S., R.D..  It's an older book, but I have not read it.  I'm not very far into it yet, but it's about people who have lost the weight and kept it off for years.  And what made them decide to do it "this" time, and how they have kept it off for so long.  I will tell you more after I have read more.

Support:  I have supported way more than 3 people and my Buddy Angela, but have not done as well as usual.  I am reading blogs on my phone and it's not as easy to comment via phone.  So I am reading but not doing as much commenting.  But I'm out there, for sure.

I will not quit.  I have come too far - 2 years and 30-ish pounds lost - to quit now.  I will not gain that weight back.  And I want to be in the mid-130's, NOT the 140's.  I think that line between the two moves around sometimes...I don't seem to be able to stay below it.

I am so proud of most of you who seem to be getting closer to your goals.  This week has seemed more positive.  The extra hour of daylight should help us all to get out there and move our bodies.  I hope everyone has a great week.  Onward!

7 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

You are doing great, Jo in spite of the lack of loss. You are a great encourager too. I appreciate all your concern and advice on my blog. It has helped me tremendously. Hang in there and stick with what you are doing. I think you are doing all the right things and that you will get to your goal.

Nanette N. said...

I agree with Karen, you are a great encourager!

Sometimes it takes a couple weeks of being good to see the advantages of fewer calories and exercise. I kinda feel like I'm not losing as quickly because I'm picking up a bit of muscle on the way.

Michele said...

I will be interested in your analysis of that book. It sounds like a good one. Nice work maintaining.

Thanks, too, for all your encouraging moments on my blog. I never feel alone. Have a great week!

Angela Pea said...

You Exercised!! You did it! You did it! Go JO!!!

I'm so glad for you.

Now do it again this week. (Insert cheery grin here!)

I'm becoming resigned to not losing any more. It's been months and months for me. I've shrunk a bit, and I'm at the clothing size I want to be. I'm focusing on toning now.

The Kaizen Project said...

I think when you are ill, your body retains as much as it can. Keep up the great work and next week you will see a loss I am sure!

Kristen said...

Sometimes for me when I've done everything right and not seen any loss, I'll see a much bigger than expected loss the following week. Here's hoping you follow this pattern, at least this coming week. :-)

Unknown said...

Yea on the exercise, keep at it! :-)