Sunday, March 18, 2012

E2E Week 11 for Angela and Me

Angela Pea is my Challenge Buddy and her update is here.   Got your back, Angela!

Okay, so I mentioned in my midweek post that I am taking meds for sinus infection/bronchitis and they are making me retain fluid.  With that in mind, here is my update:

Weight today:  142.  Up about 3 lbs, I think.  A temporary setback.

Waist:  32.5.

Calories:  Great this week!  Average 1049 per day.  My target is 1200 with an absolute cap of 1400.  Honestly, I haven't been very hungry and my taste buds are off.
Sunday          715
Monday        785
Tuesday        985
Wednesday  1115
Thursday      1425 (estimate due to restaurant meal)
Friday          1135
Saturday      1180

Hydration:  Good, but have tried to get extra this week.  I'm pretty sure I got 70 to 100 oz every day.

Exercise:  A couple of walks around the neighborhood, but trying to stay indoors and away from pollen.  There is a green film of it everywhere - on cars, on streets, on outdoor furniture.  Ewww!  Lethargy not helping me here.  A temporary situation.

Guiding quote:  Top right of page, by Mario Andretti.

Reading:  I am still with Thin for Life, by Anne M. Fletcher, M.S., R.D.  There is a lot of good info there, and I am taking it slowly, highlighting, and re-reading.

Support:  I have been leaving comments, but not as many as usual.  But I am reading your posts.  I WILL BE BACK.

Buddy:  Keeping up with Angela Pea is not easy!

I will not quit.  I may take time out, but will never quit.

-------------------------------------------------
There are a lot of things on my mind these days.  Not all involve health and weight loss.  Some I want to share, some I do not.  I am trying to come to terms with some things and make some decisions as to how to move forward.  So there may be some off-topic posts here.  As most of you know, it's a process and it's all somewhat related.  We can't focus properly on our health if we're distracted and doing some emotional eating.  Or not eating.  So when I get more organized and focused on some things, I will share.

Okay, let's move forward and onward here.  I hope everyone has a great week!

9 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I was up three as well, Jo. I think we will both see better numbers next week. Hang in there. I will be reading to see what it is you want to share with us.

Enz said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Debsdailylife said...

Jo, this is your blog, and you talk about what you want to talk about, NOT, wht you think others want to hear!!!
Take care of you!!!
Kick that infection to the curb and hope you feel better very soon!

Maren said...

Share whatever you want on your blog. What goes on in our lives is very much a part of weight loss, nothing is off topic so to speak, because it's all connected!

Unknown said...

It's good to regain some focus, you gotta come to a point where you find out what it is that keeps you from making your goal and find a peace & happiness with what you've accomplished so far. Only when you become comfortable & happy from within will that reflect from the outside:-)

Nanette N. said...

so much of our weight loss is tied to our well being and brains... Share what you'd like! I think it's fantastic to be able to see glimpses of each other's lives as we go along.

Casey said...

Sharing is hard for me too, but it gets easier with time, they say. And I agree, it's all connected, somehow. What we go through emotionally often cannot just be tuned out. We need to walk through it and remember to make the best choices through it all.
Hope you are feeling better this week! :)

Chinagirl said...

I hope you are feeling a bit better this week. Now it´s my turn to have the flue. It´s not nice. I just took some medicine for it and hope, it will not stay to long with me.
I agree with you, that the sharing part is not always easy. Just share what you feel comfortable with.

Angela Pea said...

Hey Jo!

THANK YOU for posting my link. You're the best!

I'm back from the desert. We didn't get eaten by a mountain lion or mauled by a bear, and nobody fell off the edges.

You're doing just fine, my friend. Maintenance is just as hard as losing, and meds STINK. Just know that those extra pounds will slip away once the sinus thing clears up.

And, it's not necessary to share every second of every day with the world. Really. :)

Have a wonderful week, Jo.