Sunday, March 25, 2012

E2E Week 12

What a week it has been for some of us in Blogville!  Whether or not we're in a challenge, it seems this has been a challenging week.  My bronchitis has led to further complications, so I am working on continuing to get my body to heal.

So let's see how we're doing.  Here is my update:

Weight today:  140.  This is down 2 lbs from last weigh-in when I had gained due to cold medication.  I would love to weigh 135 by June and I think it can be done.

Waist:  32 inches.

Nutrition:  Calories have been low this week.  I have tried to only eat when I am hungry and to choose more fruit and vegs.  Meat and eggs have not tasted good to me this week.  And I have no taste for sugar, either.  I have probably had a few too many carbs in the form of saltines and Goldfish, but that is medicinal, I guess.  ;-)   My usual target for daily calories is 1200, with an absolute cap of 1400.  This week my daily average was 864. 

Sun       805
Mon    1135
Tue     1115
Wed    780
Thu      610
Fri       710
Sat       895

Yeah, I was so not hungry the past 3 days.  But I have been drinking some juice, eating fruit, and have had no fast food or restaurant meals. 

Hydration:  Very good.  64+ oz every day.  I have been thirsty, so trying to satisfy my body.

Exercise:  Resting mostly.  My mind is on the running again, though, so I hope I can carry through.

Reading:  This week I have been reading blogs and health/nutrition articles.  Sometimes you just need to find out what the rest of the world is doing to stay healthy, as well as new research and such.

Support:  I have been around to most this week, and a few new people.

Buddy:  Hey, Angela, I hope you got all your dirty clothes washed up after your trip!  I know you have been busy.

Emotional:  I am adding this one because it has been important to me this week.  I am in a pretty good place emotionally.  I am trying to clear some baggage there, and have been successful this week.  I am going to continue to try harder to let some things go from my "zone of concern."  I can't do it all.  There.  I have said it.

Guiding quote:  Top, extreme right, by Mario Andretti.

Quitting:  I will never quit.  Never.

I am really enjoying this challenge and hate to see it winding down.  I have never been in a challenge where there is so much dedication to seeing it through and supporting the other challengers.  And you are all so knowledgeable about your own health goals and how to get there.  I have gotten to a better place with my own journey through you.  Again, thank you, Mir, for all you are doing!  You are a great organizer and motivator. 

I hope everyone has a great week!

6 comments:

Angela Pea said...

Good Morning, Jo!

Yep, I finally conquered Mt. Washmore. Of course, it's already started re-growing again, thanks to the multitude of smelly people who hang out around here. ;)

I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Spring allergies and all the respiratory ailments that go along with them are just so unfair. Keep resting and healing, my friend.

Emotional health is just as important as physical health. Flinging baggage is liberating.

Have a wonderful week. I hope to hear that you're up and running by our next check in.

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Jo, I'm sorry you still aren't feeling well. It is difficult to stay on a food plan when you aren't up to par. Your numbers are low so you should be doing well. Good job on staying under your calorie limits. I hope you feel better soon. I've appreciated all the support you have given me during this challenge. It means more than you know. :)

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

I'm sorry you're feeling lousy. Bronchitis is tough on the body. I used to get it 5 to 6x a year after my immune system went wonky (always go it least 2x a year since childhood, but my health crises made me really defenseless). Horrible. My bouts would last sometimes 3-4weeks...the longest 7 weeks.

I hope you heal fast. And man, that really is a low caloric daily intake, wow. I imagine between the coughing burning off calories, you 're gonna emerge with some pounds lost. Just keep the fluids coming.

Hugs,

Michele said...

I had the flu about two weeks ago. It was not fun. Feel better!

I LOVE the fact that you ordered that book by Marion Nestle. It is fantastic, well at least I think so. Full of everything you need to know, and should know about food and going through the grocery store. Loads of info about food marketing, too. I hope you like it.

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better. Getting sick can bog us down for a while sometimes. I got sick in the beginning of Feb & I'm still trying to fight my way back to the losing mode I was at before that. We will do it:-)

Julie said...

Get better Jo. Being sick just is no fun at all. You are doing amazing even though sick.
I hope you feeling amazing soon.
Take care Jo. Blessings!!