Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Few Minor Changes for Me

Hello Readers,

I promised changes in 2011, and there are some here.

This year will be devoted to (1) losing the last 10 or 15 lbs, (2) maintaining it or "keeping it off," (3) continuing my healthy lifestyle and improving upon it, with the ultimate goal of better health.  Thus the new blog title of:

"A Well-Kept Life"

WELCOME!

Definition:  well-kept - Adj. - maintained in good condition.
Thesaurus:  well-kept - Adj. - kept in good condition; kept up, maintained; preserved.

Thus, I want to maintain (or improve) the state of my health, and keep off the weight I have lost. 

I want to stay within a healthy weight and BMI range for a person of my size.

I want to lose another 10 to 15 lbs, by eating healthy, keeping at 1200 calories per day, drinking 100 oz of water daily, and exercising my body.

I want to be fit.

This doesn't mean just weight.  It means other areas of my life, too.  My health, first.  My home, finances, relationships, ......

This does NOT mean I have changed my focus.  This does NOT mean I have achieved everything I set out to do when I began to lose weight and get healthy.  But I have gotten a great start.  Some things are not achievable in a few months' time.  Take my cholesterol.  The total will not budge.  But the good gets better and the bad is getting "less bad."  So I am working on it, and will have to work at it forever.  Keeping, maintaining.

So, with the help of you, my Readers, I want to make even more positive changes.  Please join me in getting healthier in 2011.  Let's welcome the newcomers with open arms.  Together, let's learn more.  Let's challenge ourselves, and each other.  Let's continue to support each other, pat each other on the back, and kick each other's butts!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Happy New Year, Jo! Many thanks for all your comments and support on my own journey. Love your new blog title: A well kept life. I am with you all the way in 2011. Together we will gain our health and fitness back!

Patrick said...

A great trio of goals to devote yourself too... Happy New Year!

Michele @ Healthy Cultivations said...

Great post, and I commend you for your attitude toward weight and life... I really like the title of your blog.