Hello Readers,
Two weeks ago I caught the flu-like virus that has been going around. Long story short - it settled in my sinuses. Today I went to my primary care doctor and got my monthly injection of B12, and also 2 other injections for sinus infection (anti-inflammatory and antibiotic, I think) and a prescription for antibiotics. I warned him not to look in my "nasty nose" and thankfully he did not.
I am never sick. I have never been hospitalized. I don't run to the doctor every time I have a pain or sniffles. But I have become a familiar face at my doctor's office since I turned 50. That seems to be when the blood pressure problems and cholesterol problems began, as well as not getting over the other little illnesses as quickly. Just another thing to work on this year: patience. Or, being a better patient.
What does this have to do with a weight loss and health blog? Not a lot, really. I'm just updating you to tell you I have felt rotten for the past 2 weeks but have still managed to stay close to plan.
I am staying right around 1200 calories, drinking my water, doing a little exercise, trying to get enough rest, taking my vitamins, eating more fruits, and all the health-related things I have tried to make healthy habits.
My point is that although life has not been "normal" for me for a couple of weeks, I have managed to do the right things for my health. Does this mean these things really have become "habits?" I don't know, but I feel they have.
It's just as easy to eat a banana as it is to eat cookies. There's no prep work to either.
It's just as easy to walk for 10 minutes as it is to veg out on the couch. Both are absolutely free.
It's just as easy to reach for a glass of water as it is to reach for a glass of soda. Same effort there.
Maybe all the focus on making better choices is finally ingrained in my mind.
What good choices have you made this year for your health?
No comments:
Post a Comment