Sunday, January 9, 2011

SSDDD Challenge Update

Hello Readers,

Today was weigh-in for the SSDDD Challenge.  Again, I have lost only a fraction of a pound.  Luckily, we do not do fractions, so I can round up.

I am satisfied with any loss.  I am in the last leg of my weight loss journey, so the weight will not come off quickly.  It is my health that is my ultimate goal, and the pounds lost are just the icing on the cake.

It has been a good week for food and exercise for me.  1200 calories is relatively easy to stick to, and the 83 oz of water "prescribed" for me is second nature.  If I don't get all the water in, I begin to feel as if my body is retaining sodium and chemicals that it needs to wash on out of me.

I have eaten a few things not "on the plan" this week.  But I have tried to compensate at the next snack or meal, before I lost control.  It IS easy to want to pick up tomorrow, not at the next meal.  But I could do a lot of damage in the hours between now and whenever tomorrow comes.  So I try to tell myself to STOP IT NOW, and not wait for tomorrow to get back on track.  I'm not perfect, and I do still have cravings for certain foods.

I am keeping up with your progress and leaving a few comments to cheer you on.  For the newcomers I want to just tell you to stick with it.  Whatever plan you're on, if it's working for you, by all means stick to it.  I have made changes to my plan many times in the past year.  You can do it!  If you have made up your mind and have joined Blogville, we will support you through thick and thin.  And we will do it together.

By the way, all the weatherpeople say we are getting 5 or 6 inches of snow tonight, so we have battened down the hatches and put batteries in all the flashlights.  I will update with pics if it happens.  Snow is just another reason to crave comfort food.  (Sigh.)

4 comments:

andi said...

I agree with you, weighing less this week than last week is a victory; even if sometimes the amount lost is not what we would like it to be. And thank you for welcoming in newcomers, this newbie sure appreciates the support.

TinaM said...

You're right to be happy with your loss, a pound or a fraction- is still a loss!

I don't know about yours, but our weatherman seems to know nothing lately... we were supposed to get up to 12 inches this weekend. I would guess we got about 4? And they just pretend they never even said that...

Sandra said...

Hi Jo, I just came from TinaM's blog, and it was so cute, she was calling out for you, and then you were, "Here I am!" Anyway, I had to come over and see you for myself.
Good luck with the healthy lifestyle. I agree: cold weather and snow is just another reason to eat things we aren't supposed to.

Patrick said...

Winter can wreak havoc on us looking to keep moving & avoid temptation from all those goodies that lurk about, stay warm & strong.