Hello Readers,
It's Friday, so it's update time. I have lost a total of 3 pounds on the Refuse to Blow It Challenge, hosted by Erika. The only goal here is to NOT GAIN weight through the holidays. So far I am succeeding.
Next, the Hot 100 Challenge, hosted by Steve.
My goals:
1. Keep daily calories goal at 1,000. Still not consistent. My average this week was 1,143 calories per day. However, this is still well under the 1,800 per day that "the experts" say I need to maintain my weight. I did have 3 days under 1,000, so all is not lost.
2. Continue to walk/run between 2 and 3 miles per day, with emphasis on increasing running distance. Done. I added a "dash" to the first portion of my walk this week. Oh, and Shane G, I feel a timed 5K coming for the weekend, so BE VERY AFRAID. ;-)
3. Watch food portions, and NO SECONDS. Done, with absolutely no exception.
4. Continue to drink 64 oz of water per day. Done, some days drinking a bit more.
All this is great, but the best news is that I am only a few days away from getting to a "normal" BMI. In my quest for better health, that will be a major milestone.
I am enjoying the challenges, and the camaraderie of cheering on the other participants. This is just what I needed through the holidays, so I thank Erika and Steve for hosting these.
Onward and Downward!


8 comments:
You're really on track!
There is a challenge to not gain weight. OMG, let me at it....I have something to write about tomorrow... Thanks...
You are rocking those goals :)
That is sooo impressive that you are only a few days away from a normal BMI!!! Congrats too on continuing to work on your 100 challenge. Have a great weekend! Michele
Hey there! Sounds like you're doing a bang up job.
Just wanted to let you know that it was 38 minutes total that I ran/walked. That should have been a 5 minute warm up walk and 33 minutes running. No such luck.
So you're doing fantastic, trust me.
JO, I am Sooooo happy for you on the NORMAL! Can't wait to be there myself. You inspire me to keep going even though sometimes I don't feel like it, like today. Sigh. Thanks for your encouragement on my blog.
You're doing awesome!
Almost to a normal BMI!!! That is so great Jo! :)
A few days away from a normal BMI is a tremendous victory! Woot!
Post a Comment