Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lost Motivation

Hello Readers,

If anyone finds my motivation to exercise lying around anywhere, would you please send it back to me?

I need it.
I want it.
I love it.
I have to have it.

Life has gotten in my line of focus and I have not exercised for three days in a row.  I had such big plans for this pretty weekend to get outdoors and breathe in the crisp autumn air.

Possible reasons for my lack of focus:
1.  I have a dear friend who is battling brain cancer.
2.  I have a family member who is going through a nasty divorce and domestic violence situation.
3.  #1 and #2 are causing me to retreat into my shell and not give my everyday obligations their share of attention.

I may be a bit depressed.  There is nothing I can do to change #1 or #2.  I have given support in every way possible.  But the person involved in #2 thinks I have all the answers.  Sadly, I do not.

The good news is that I am on plan with my eating and food choices.  And I know if I miss 3 days of exercise, I will not have to start back at the beginning of my weight loss and health journey.

This day is not over.  I am going to take my little dog for a walk shortly.  It will not be 3 miles, but it will be almost 1 mile.  I am hoping to clear my head, say a prayer for strength, patience, and good judgement, a thanks for my blessings, get my mind off all this, and possibly find my motivation on the side of the road somewhere.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  Thanks for listening to me whine.

Onward and Downward!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the walk was good. Just getting outside and moving will make you feel better.

Joy said...

Here's where I find mine.

1.) I want to get off of my meds (High blood pressure & cholesterol)
2.) I want to live
3.) I want to have the energy to play with my grandkids
4.) I want to honor God!
5.) I want to do 5k's, 10'k maybe even a 1/2 marathon (Walking - not running.)
6.) I want to row and compete in the Senior Olympic games (When I'm fifty)
7.) I want to water ski, snow ski, horseback ride, travel, have energy to do stuff
8.) And I want to live - did I say that already?

Probably ~ because if I would have kept going the way I was, I would have gotten more illnesses, been in misery and most likely have a shortened life.

That's why I do what I have to do!!

Come on girl ~ You can do this thing!! I believe in you!!!!

Hugs!

South Beach Steve said...

Sorry to hear about this Jo - you can do it though. Just make yourself do something little. It might amazingly bring back the spark you are looking for. You CAN do it!

Sharon said...

Jo, this is not whining. These are true instances of having the life and energy sucked out of you from "needy" friends. And yes, their needs are VERY, VERY real - heartbreaking might be a better word. But you also have needs of your own and can be a better friend to them down the road if you are feeling positive about your own state of being. For me, a walk in the woods sure is a good place to start. Praying for those situations and handing them over to the ONE who can do a whole lot more than you can certainly frees you from the burden of constant worry. A thoroughly depleted friend is no help at all - take care of YOU! Sharon

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Life can be SO hard!! You're not whining, you're just in the same boat as we all are. Hard as it is, we just need to remember to keep taking care of ourselves! Wow, this is as much as a suggestion to you as it is myself! :-)

TinaM said...

The Serenity Prayer comes to mind.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference...

I always try and remember that when I'm feeling the way you are.
Be good to your friends, but a "honey, I really don't know." is sometimes the only answer.
Just being there I'm sure is a huge help and comfort.

Make sure to be good to yourself in the middle of all of it :)

Veronica said...

You poor thing! You are going through some tough stuff right now. Well done for continuing eating well during--give yourself a pat on the back for that. I will send up a prayer for you. Maybe you will find that motivation and if not--sometimes we just have to FORCE ourselves and if your exercise includes being outdoors, I can almost guarantee you'll feel a lot better & less depressed at the end of it.

Michele said...

Jo,
The great thing is that you are eating well. We all lose our motivation at times. Don't give up. You can do it! Take a look at this post to pick you up a little:
http://journey100pounds.blogspot.com/2010/10/wednesday-wheres-focus.html
Michele