Sunday, October 24, 2010

Double Dog Dare Calorie Challenge




I love a good challenge.  And I really looooove a dare.  Allan over at Almost Gastric Bypass has a new challenge starting Monday. I'm in. Go over and take a look.

It's very simple, and here are the rules:


CHALLENGE RULES

YOUR DAILY CALORIC INTAKE IS YOUR GOAL WEIGHT X 11

EVERYTHING YOU INGEST COUNTS AND NEEDS TO BE RECORDED

YOU DRINK 64 OUNCES OF WATER DAILY

NO CHEATING AND NO BULLSHIT

2 WEEKS, STARTING 10/25/2010

WEIGH IN MONDAY MORNING AND WEIGH IN 11/8/2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am brave enough to stop talking the talk and am willing to walk the walk.

What do these rules mean for me?  What will I have to change?

I am already drinking 64 oz of water per day.
My goal weight is 140.  140 X 11 = 1540.  So 1540 is my daily caloric intake.  (My daily target is currently 1000 per day, so I think I'll stick closer to 1000 than 1540.)
I have been journaling my food and calories since June, so no problem.
I don't cheat, except accidentally when I count calories wrong or if I have a restaurant meal.  As for bullshit, it's not in my plan.

Okay, folks, go over to Allan's and sign up.  You can do this for two weeks.  And it may just become a habit.  If you can't seem to get started, or have hit a plateau, or (like me) have been bored and lost your motivation, this is for you.

Let's do this together.  We need to get in the habit of eating less through the holidays.  From now until New Year's it's all about food, food, food.  Get your food journal started TODAY, look up some calorie counts of some healthy foods, get the Oreos out of the house, and plan some healthy meals.

Onward and Downward!

Oh, and thanks, Allan, for doing this for us!  ;-)

6 comments:

Ann (-50 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

I loved the timing of Allan's challenge too, just before the start of the food holidays!

It starts at midnight tonight, Jo, and should be a fun way to focus our energies. I'm in too.

I have the food part down pat already, but I really need to kick up the water intake, so that will be the extra effort I need to kick in. I hope a lot of people join this, because really, two weeks isn't all that long.

Be sure to post your start tomorrow! I'll do the same, of course.

xx

Helen said...

Maybe I don't understand but wouldn't eating only 1000 calories a day be considered cheating. I think Allan's point is to get people to eat according to his formula which is goal weight x 11. Maybe I'm wrong...

In any case, good luck!

Jo said...

@Ann - If I get disqualified for cheating for eatng less, it's okay with me. I understood that cheating was by eating more calories than we admit, not less. But I'm not going to pick the rules apart. For me, it's mostly for fun, and if I lose a pound in 2 weeks, it's even better.

Biz said...

I am kind of with Helen - I think you should stick to the math and eat 1500 calories - just add a couple handful of almonds and you are set! :D

Hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your new challenge!

Anonymous said...

I'm horrible at tracking calories so I don't see myself doing this one. I wish you the best though.

I gave you an award HERE