Good evening, Readers,
I have been a slacker in posting this weekend. Well, because it has been such a gorgeous weekend and I haven't wanted to stay inside at the computer. Yes, I could bundle it up and take it outside, but it's lots of trouble.
Saturday I got my 2.5 mile walk/run in early. It was 65 degrees when I headed out. Most of the neighbors were sleeping in, so all went well. Today was a 3-miler (usually planned for Sunday). It was a crisp 53 degrees when I headed out, and had to bundle up a bit. People were up and out in the nice weather. Neighborhood dogs were feeling good, too.
My weekend eating has been good, with just over 1,100 calories each day. But with the change in weather, my brain is thinking chili, spaghetti and chicken and dumplings. This morning I tried a baked oatmeal with banana that is a Weight Watchers recipe. It was very good. And there are enough leftovers for a couple of days, at least. I think it would be good made with apples instead of bananas, so next time I may try that. With the cooler weather comes oatmeal, too, which is good for the cholesterol, they say.
It is October 3rd. Exactly 1 month, or 31 days until my next dr's appointment. I do so hope my cholesterol is down this time. Hopefully by that time I will have lost 25 lbs. I am eating a lot of spinach and broccoli, along with a lot of other veggies. Eating more fruit (yuk) and drinking lots of water. I have cut my egg consumption back more than half, to less than 1 egg per day. I rarely eat fried foods, and only use olive or canola oil.
Surely all that will reflect in my numbers. If not, you are going to witness a meltdown, and it ain't gonna be purdy. Seriously, I am a big girl (not quite as big) and will take it in stride, but I am so hoping to come in closer to 200 than 250 in the total cholesterol department. Strangely, my HDL is good, and my LDL is not too far from the good range. It's the triglycerides that are messing me up, and I don't know what to do about that part. Research, I guess.
Anyhoo, didn't mean to go into all that, but it's been on my mind that it's only a month away. So...more oatmeal for me!
I hope everyone has had a great weekend. And thank you for reading.
10 comments:
Sounds like you've had a great weekend! I am getting close to my dr's visit too. I've lost 50 pounds since my last visit and I'm hoping for some pretty good cholesterol numbers!!!
Even if I don't get what I want, I'm still going to push through. I have to get this done.
You can do this!! Keep up the great work!
Hugs!
Good evening. Just stopping in to check up on you and see what's happening. I hope that your doctor appointment goes well and that it's still a month away so you have time to really make sure it's good.
I only like cooked spinach so hope it's as good for me as the fresh stuff (or at least close). You really sound like you're kicking butt and doing well. Keep it up.
I'll be back to check on you. Take care and God Bless!!
Sounds like some good work in both the exercise and eating catagories. Oh stay away from the chili, spaghetti and chicken and dumplings and that doctors appointment should be one to smile about :-)
I am certain your changes will be reflected in your numbers Miss Jo.
I know what you mean about the fall foods. I want Kathy to fix a roast with the fixin's before too much longer. Just needs to be a small one so I can avoid leftover temptations!
I was never a big fan of canned pink salmon. Get one that is small, and make the same way as the tuna salad that you already do. I was amazed that I love it...
Glad you had a wonderful weekend. And you are doing so well, Ms. Jo. Pat, pat. Funny, we were just talking about chili, soups and stews... with the cold weather coming in. I've found a lot of lo-cal recipes for those "warm your tummy," type foods. Looking forward to trying them...and cheering you on.
You're doing great :)
Good luck on your doctors appointment!
I gotta tell you, I had an appointment and was looking forward to going, as I has lost 40 pounds. All I got was a lecture, and the appointment went horrible. I guess because by the chart I had only lost 26 pounds??? WELL THAT'S ALOT TOO!!!
So my point is (yeah, I wasn't just rambling, I have a point lol) no matter what the doctor or numbers say, you know you are doing awesome and doing good things for your body!!!
Hopefully you don't have a complete jackass for a doctor and none of this will apply to you anyway :)
Best of luck!
Sounds to me that you are doing terrific!! I hope your doctor will be happier than TinaM's. Good job on the walking, too.
I'm excited for you! You are super focused and you know JUST what needs to be done! Good for you!! Keep it up!
Hi! Just a fellow "Hottie" stopping by to check in. It sounds like you're on track. I really hope you have a good Dr. visit next month!
Post a Comment